Potential Problems with Wisdom Teeth
Erupting wisdom teeth can lead to discomfort and swelling. In some cases, it leads to frequent, severe pain or infections, requiring antibiotics or immediate surgical intervention.
Partially erupted wisdom teeth often lead to gum infections and decay due to inadequate cleaning, leaving extraction as the only viable solution.
Complications and Reasons for Extraction
Impacted wisdom teeth may result in cysts or other bone-related issues, necessitating removal. Typically, removal is a safe and uncomplicated process.
Reasons for Extraction
- Impaction: Trapped in the jaw or gums, causing pain.
- Misalignment: Wisdom teeth pressing against adjacent teeth.
- Space Issues: Lack of room in the mouth for additional molars.
- Oral Health Problems: Difficulty in maintaining hygiene, leading to cavities or gum disease.
- Orthodontic Preparation: Removal is recommended before orthodontic treatment to prevent crowding.
The dental experts at Albert Street Dental offer safe and comfortable solutions for problematic wisdom teeth.